A plaque that was erected at Sir Patrick Dun’s hospital in Dublin in memory of Countess Markievicz. Former Fianna comrade Eamon Martin donated this plaque in honour of his close friend. It was unveiled by Eamon Martin (left) and Eamon de Valera in 1967.
Eamon Martin also provided funds that were to be used for an annual nursing award/medal to be known as the ‘Countess Markievicz’ medal.
Sir Patrick Dun’s hospital opened in 1808 and was named after the Irish physician Sir Patrick Dun. The hospital closed in the 1980s. The building still stands and is in use by the HSE as the Dublin Public Analyst’s Laboratory (and is apparently frequently also used for marriage ceremonies) however the status of the plaque is unknown; hopefully it is still in place.